how to protect battery and improve battery life
There are many incidents when mobile phone battery got exploded in the pocket or while talking. Few people lost their life. Let’s learn what can you do in order to protect your mobile phone’s battery. These tricks will not only save your battery from such threats but will also help you improve your battery life.
1. Never overcharge your phone – Now a days there are Li-Ion batteries in most of the phones. These batteries have limited charging cycles. When your battery drains down to 0% and charge 100%, then it completes its one charging cycle. It is always advisable that you don’t let your battery go below 20% and charge above 90%. This reduces charging cycles and help you have better battery life. Read this official article released by Apple to learn more. When you keep charger connected even if battery is 100% charged, it is called overcharging.
As per apple, “If you store a device when its battery is fully discharged, the battery could fall into a deep discharge state, which renders it incapable of holding a charge. Conversely, if you store it fully charged for an extended period of time, the battery may lose some capacity, leading to shorter battery life.” So never overcharge your phone.
2. Avoid extreme ambient temperatures. – Your phone batteries work normally between 10° C – 35° C. If battery temperature crosses 40° C, you should disconnect your charger. High battery temperature can lead to battery explosion or battery damage. Low temperature also causes Li-ion batteries to shut down due to its chemical structure.
3. Remove mobile phone cases while charging – Sometimes mobile phone case do not allow phone to radiate heat and cool down, This can cause high battery temperature. So remove phone cases while charging your phone.
4. Do not plug charger into voltage fluctuating or high voltage sockets – Voltage fluctuations and high voltage can damage your battery. When you connect charger in the public places, there is always a risk of high voltage. Never charge your phone at airport, railway stations or public places where you do not know the voltage specifications properly.
5. Last but not least, never make or attend call while charging – I don’t know technical details but I heard few incidents when battery exploded while attending a phone call with mobile connected to the charger. Its always good to take precaution, never make or attend a phone call while charging.
You can also download an app from play store that alerts you for high voltages, high battery temperature and overcharging while charging your phone. App is free and here is download link.
So guys, let’s just follow these simple steps to improve battery life and keep safe.