We talked about detecting hidden cameras. Now let’s see 10 preventive steps to protect from hidden camera. If you haven’t came here from app or haven’t read our blog on detecting hidden cameras, you can follow this link https://futureappstech.in/blog/how-to-detect-hidden-camera/
So let’s get started.
- Turn off all lights and check for any blinking LED lights. Sometimes camera comes with on off indicator and it becomes very easy to detect them just by inspecting blinking LED lights.
- Scan for normal camera as well as Infrared camera with the help of hidden camera detector app.
- Perform 2 way mirror test : Sometimes, especially in changing rooms, camera is placed behind the mirror. Such mirrors are 2 way mirrors that means you see your reflection in the mirror but person or camera behind the mirror can see you through the mirror as a transparent glass. It is very easy to find out 2 way mirrors. Just touch the mirror with your fingernail. For normal mirrors, there is always a gap between actual fingernail and its reflection. But in case of 2 way mirrors, there is no gap between actual fingernail and its reflection. So if you do NOT see any gap between the fingernail and its reflection, it can be a 2 way mirror.
- Open WiFi and Bluetooth from Android or iPhone and scan for suspicious network like (“IP Cam”, “1080”). Read this guide to know more in detail.
- Open Torch and mobile phone camera and see for glint from camera lens.
- Check broken sockets and other equipment’s.
- In case of any doubt on any equipment or lens like object, place a cello tape or cloth on it. This is the best preventive step you can perform.
- While sleeping, always turn off TV. Cut off main power supply (Mostly in hotel rooms)
- Change the direction of flowerpots, coffee machine and other such appliances towards the wall.
- Inspect the balcony area for CCTV.
Bonus Tip :
If you have smart TV that has a camera and internet connectivity, it can be hacked. Update software of your smart TV to its latest version and apply a sticker on it.
Apply a sticker on your laptop camera as well. Even Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg does that ! You can read this blog if interests you further.